Ocster Backup is a great and easy-to-use backup application which was created from the start to work fully automatic. You simply specify what you want backed up and when and then the software takes care of the rest.
The backups can be stored either on an external local hard disk, on a network drive or via the internet on the specially secured and highly reliable Ocster Secure Storage.
With Ocster Secure Storage multiple highly encrypted copies of the data are stored in professional data centers. This protects the data from the dangers that can render locally stored backups unusable at any time (hard disk crashes, fire, theft, water damage, ...).
Ocster Backup Pro 2 is really easy to use and requires no technical knowledge at all. But it still supports all the advanced features one expects from a modern backup software like incremental backups, encryption, compression and backing up open files. The software offers full support for network backups.
Backups can also be interrupted at any time and later resumed at the same point, even after restarting the computer. Multiple encryption types (AES 128 Bit, AES 256 Bit, BlowFish, Cast-128) and compression types (ZLib, LZMA) are supported. Ocster Backup Pro 2 can create detailed backup reports any time it updates a backup. These reports can also automatically be emailed to the user.
Restoring files and folders is also really easy and comfortable with this software. Backups can be browsed and individual files and folders can be picked for restore.
Here are some key features of \\\\\\\"Ocster Backup Pro\\\\\\\":
· Creates fully automatic backups of your data
Stop & Resume:
· Backups can be stopped and resumed. This is handy when the computer needs to be shut down, for example
· Backup Reports: Detailed backup reports can be generated each time the backup is updated. The contents of the reports can be configured
Backup Report Emails:
· Backup reports can be automatically sent to an email address. That way you can be up-to-date on the state of your backups even when you are on a business trip or if the computer is simply a server in your attic
· Files and folders on network drives can also be backed up. The backup data can also be stored on network drives if that is desired
· Backups are strongly encrypted and protected with a user password. The encryption algorithm can be configured, if that is desired
· Backups are compressed intelligently to save space. Different compression types are available: from fast ones with moderate compression to slower ones with excellent compression
· Backups can be started either automatically at scheduled times or manually by clicking a button
· Backups can be stored on hard disk, USB sticks, network drives and Ocster Secure Storage
Supports Ocster Secure Storage:
· Stores the files in professional data center
· After an initial full backup only the changes to the previous state are stored. This saves space and reduces transfer times
Open File Support:
· Files and folders that are in use can be backed up as well
Hard Link and Symbolic Link Support:
· Hard links and symbolic links can be backed up and are properly restored as hard links and symbolic links
· Compressed, encrypted and sparse files can also be backed up
· Backup can be encrypted the following algithms: AES 256 Bit, AES 128 Bit, BlowFish, Cast-128
· The software supports the following compression types: ZLib, LZMA Quick, LZMA Normal, LZMA Best
Small File Optimization:
· Through smart uses of compression the software can achieve high compression rates, even with many small files
· 512 MB RAM
· Free space on hard disk: ca. 125 MB
· 30 days trial
· nag scren