BatteryMon - Detailed monitoring and status information about your laptop battery or UPS. Batteries, given their chemical nature, are prone to wear, corrosion, leakage and outright failure due to events like short circuits and lightning strikes.
BatteryMon is an easy to use program that will allow you to monitor the laptop
computer batteries and uninterruptible power supplies (UPS).
Given their propensity to fail and to have decreased performance over time, it is important to be able to identify and monitor their performance.
With BatteryMon, monitoring the state of your battery has never been easier. Graphically see the battery charge / discharge rate, diagnose problem battery cells, compare your batteries performance with expected discharge rates and see the status of each individual battery pack (when multiple batteries are in use).
Batteries and BIOS must comply with the Windows, Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) specification in order for BatteryMon to work correctly.
More than 20 statistics are provided including voltage levels, battery chemistry, full capacity level, current capacity, bias settings, device names and serial numbers.
A log file is maintained of the battery charge level and other statistics for later analysis and the software comes with a comprehensive help file.
Here are some key features of BatteryMon:
· Graphically see the charge / discharge rate
· Diagnose problem battery cells with detailed statistics
· Compare and measure your batteries performance with expected discharge
· See the critical discharge point for your batteries
· Uniquely identify battery packs for tracking purposes or system inventories
· Log the performance of a battery for later reference
· See the status of each indivdual battery pack, when multiple batteries are in use
· Battery charge level is graphed in real time, along with an extrapolated trend line and comparison trend line.
· A log file is maintained of the battery charge level and other statistics for later analysis.
· Configurable sample period.
· A comprehensive help file.
· Detailed system and status information about each battery installed (see below).
· An interface to BurnInTest in order to evaluate battery performance, while under load.
· Mini window mode that shows multiple batteries charging/discharging status as well as life percentage, estimated running time and more (with adjustable transparency for Windows 2000 and later).
· 16 MB RAM
· 1 MB of free hard disk space to install the software
· A compatible battery system.
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen